Attached and pasted below is the OCM press release announcing the details of their upcoming annual conference in Omaha, August 19-20. The special OCM $99 lodging rate ends August 5th, so please do not delay to make room reservations.
This year’s conference has a truly outstanding set of national presenters.
I hope to see you there.
John K. Hansen V.P.
For Immediate Release
July 29, 2016
Organization for Competitive Markets Announces 2016’s 18th Annual Conference Theme, Location, Dates and Agenda
“Preserving Independent Family Agriculture through Competitive Markets”
For Media: OCM Pres. Mike Callicrate—(785) 332-8218 or John Hansen VP—(402) 476-8815
For Conference and Registration Information: Pat Craycraft—(402) 327-8390 or (402) 416-5731
LINCOLN, NE. Mike Callicrate, President of The Organization of Competitive Markets (OCM) announced that OCM is holding its 18th Annual Conference, August 19-20, 2016, at the Doubletree Hilton, Downtown Omaha, Nebraska. This year’s program features keynote presentations by four nationally recognized champions of family agriculture and competitive markets:
· Roger Johnson, president of the National Farmers Union, will the noon keynote speaker:
“Concentration, Trade, and the Future of Family Farming.”
· Michael Stumo, CEO of the Coalition for a Prosperous America and national expert on trade policy and TPP will be the afternoon keynote speaker:
“We are Winning the TPP Battle, But How Do We Win the Trade Policy War?”
· Barry C. Lynn, a senior fellow in the New America Foundation’s Economic Growth Program, and widely read author on market concentration will keynote the Friday evening banquet on his latest book:
“Cornered: The New Monopoly Capitalism and the Economics of Destruction”
· Diana Moss, president of the American Antitrust Institute will provide a keynote presentation on the recent acceleration of major ag input mergers under consideration which has the rural sector wondering about their future in a system with no competition or choices:
“Merger Mania Continues in the Ag Input Sector”
OCM President Mike Callicrate said, “We are pleased to move our annual OCM Conference back to Nebraska and Omaha this year. We are really excited about the top notch set of speakers we have with us this year who will focus on the all-important issues of agricultural markets and trade policy. We encourage food producers and food eaters to attend and interact with our national experts. If you care about the future of family farm agriculture, you should attend this year’s annual meeting.”
OCM Vice President John Hansen called on the OCM members in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, South Dakota, and Minnesota to drive to Omaha for this year’s conference. “This year’s OCM speakers are the national experts you always wished you had the opportunity to listen to and meet. Omaha is centrally located, and affordable. Registration fees are $50 and room rates are $99 if you register by August 5th. In addition to the outstanding national speakers, we will have panel discussions on the proposed Costco Poultry project, Right to Repair, legislative updates and checkoffs,” Hansen concluded.
For conference registration, call Pat Craycraft at:
(402) 327-8390 or (402) 416-5731 or go to: www.competitivemarkets.com
For Lodging Reservations: Call Elaina (402) 636-4906 by August 5th at $99 or http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/O/OMAH-DT-OCM-20160817/index.jhtml
Reclaiming the agricultural marketplace for farmers, ranchers and rural communities.