Colorado Springs, CO – September 19-20
Colorado College’s Celeste Theater
This year we will coordinate our Annual Conference with the Colorado Springs Local Food Week. The Colorado Springs “Food Talks” Conference will bring together stakeholders from the private and public sectors, local and national agriculture research and advocacy organizations to consider answers to the complex food security challenges.
Participants will include college students from Pikes Peak Community College, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs along with Colorado College and national food luminaries and organizations actively involved in working to restore and improve local and regional food systems.
Events are open to the public.
All “Food Talks” and Local Food Week activities for Wednesday and Thursday are listed at Colorado Springs Public Market | Local Food Week 2104 for your consideration if you are in Colorado Springs early.
“FOOD TALKS” – September 17th, 18th and 19th
CELESTE THEATER CORNERSTONE ARTS CENTER AT COLORADO COLLEGE
September 19th 16th Annual OCM Conference
September 18th – Thursday
“Food Talks” – Focus: Investing
START TIME: 1:00 PM | MAKING FOOD SHIFT REAL
– Jerry Tinianow | Chief Sustainability Officer for Office of Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock
BENEFIT DINNER 6:00 | BEMIS HALL
– Barry C Lynn – New America Foundation KEYNOTE PRESENTATION
– Judy Wicks – White Dog Cafe, BALLE Overcoming Challenges Panel
– Michael Shuman – BALLE Overcoming Challenges Panel
– Woody Tasch – Slow Money Overcoming Challenges Panel
– Buffet Dinner $25 with Proceeds to benefit “Food Talks”. Capacity is 100, RSVP by 9/13 at Reservations Required.
September 19th – Friday
“Food Talks” – Focus: Activism
START TIME: 9:00 AM | ADDRESSING ABUSIVE MARKET POWER
– Wenonah Hauter – Food & Water Watch
START TIME: 10:30 AM | SEPARATING NCBA FROM THE BEEF TAX (BEEF CHECKOFF) / WHAT’S NEXT FOR BEEF CHECKOFF?
– Tim Danahey – Tim Danahey Show
– Fred Stokes – Organization for Competitive Markets
– Dave Wright –
START TIME: 1:00 PM | PREDATOR CONTROL – HOW TO PROTECT NEW COMPETITORS
– Diana Moss – Antitrust Institute
– Dr. C. Robert Taylor – Auburn University Alfa Eminent Scholar Ag Economics & Public Policy
September 20th – Saturday
Organization for Competitive Markets Membership Meeting
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Location – TBD
Please make your reservation ASAP – Rooms are going fast